Nowadays many company's owners focus on the wrong strategies to develop and sell their products. This generates frustration and most of them don't know what to do facing those selling problems. Roberto Meir and Daniel Domeneghetti teaches in the book "Made for Customer" the correct decisions to make.
For this, they addressed concept such as the customer mind, what they expect from your product, how to add value to your good, among other relevant factors to sell more and make customers happier.
Don't stop there, they also give some marketing tips to boost your company, they say that is useless only have a good product, you must know how to present it for your audience.
Got interested to learn those techniques? Stay with us in this summary!
About the book "Feitas para o Cliente"
The book "Made for Customer", by the authors Roberto Meir and Daniel Domeneghetti, was published in 2016 by the publisher Alta Books and has 289 pages that are divided into 12 chapters.
All content is presented in great detail, examples, cases and analyzes. Even the book "Good to Great" by Jim Collins is analyzed and criticized by the authors. For them, Jim Collins did not give due attention to customers during the course of his bestseller.
About the authors Roberto Meir and Daniel Domeneghetti
Roberto Meir is considered an international expert in consumer relations. In addition, he holds the positions of President of the Padrão Group and President of the Executive Board of Abrarec, which is the Brazilian Association of Client Business Relations.
Meir is the author of other books, such as "O Brasil que Encanta Cliente" and "A Era do Diálogo".
Daniel Domeneghetti is an expert in corporate strategy and a speaker. He is also CEO of Com Strategy Partners, founding partner of E-Consulting Corp, and Partner of the ECC Group.
Both authors also wrote the book "Intangible Assets: The Real Value of Companies".
To whom is this book indicated?
The content covered throughout the work is highly recommended for people who are involved in corporate environments.
The book is also suitable for professionals who want to adapt to this new environment and have a distinguished career. In a word of constantly changes, being prepared to predict the future and adapt is crucial for success!
Main ideas of the book "Feitas para o Cliente"
In this summary, we will address the following topics:
- Customer satisfaction must be a priority;
- The client must pay special attention to the company's routine;
- Society and marketing have evolved. This evolution needs to be seen in companies;
- Customers want freedom, convenience, personalization of offers and relationships;
- It is necessary to assess the stakeholders to design a process that delivers more value to customers.
Download the "Feitas para o Cliente" Book Summary in PDF for free
Do you have no time to read now? Then download the free PDF and read wherever and whenever you want:
Overview: Don't think twice, focus on the customer
The main thesis addressed in the book "Made for Customer" is that every company was structured to meet a demand (real or potential) from the market. Market demand, in turn, is driven by customers, whether physical or legal.
In this way, the authors conclude that a company only exists because of customers, and only survive if the market authorizes it, that is, if customers authorize it.
Therefore, companies need to be competent enough to meet the needs of customers in the short, medium and long term. That is why it is so important to serve, surprise, develop and delight customers.
Roberto Meir and Daniel Domeneghetti says that it is essential to know:
- Who is your customer;
- How he likes to relate;
- Define the Customer Life Cycle;
- Define the client's role in the Company's Strategy.
And a lot of attention in these two points:
- Not even for the most loyal customers that exist, growth and profitability are guaranteed;
- The authors don't agree with the phrase "Customers are kings". In their view, customers can do many things, but they are not kings.
Practice is different
The authors know that unfortunately the focus on the customer is not the reality of most companies.
To prove this point, they bring a survey which shows that, of a total of 300 CEOs interviewed, 44% stated that the main Stakeholder of the business is the shareholders. On the other hand, customers got 36% of the votes.
In your opinion, are companies oriented towards customers or to please shareholders and employees?
Are you in doubt? The authors bring a phrase from Márcio Utsch, president of Alpargatas in 2012 that will probably help you!
"If the shareholder thinks he is more important than my client, it is because there is something wrong with him. If I accept that, there is something wrong with me."
Overview: The evolution of Marketing and its consequences
Following the content, Roberto and Daniel analyze the evolution of the consumer and, consequently, marketing.
They bring a chronological order, since the 1930s, with the beginning of marketing, passing through the 4Ps in the decade:
In addition, the authors comment on the introduction of the Consumer Protection Code in Brazil and reach the present day, within a digital, multichannel reality, in which collaboration and innovation are essential.
In their view, current consumers have a specific behavior, because, at the same time they want to shield themselves from pop-ups and advertisements, they are closer to the brands, becoming more "owners" and active in the networks.
In this way, there is a new legion of consumers that appear, the brand ambassadors.
Therefore, to adapt to the new scenario, it is necessary to understand the transformation that the consumer has undergone to adapt the marketing of a company. Companies and managers need to understand this new scenario to create new ways of generating content.
So, have you noticed this evolution? What are you doing differently to adapt to this new reality?
Overview: What is the perception of value?
And your client? Have you ever stopped to think about them?
The authors bring relevant information in case you want to adapt to this new reality.
In Meir and Domeneghetti's view, when having an idea, you should not think about the items:
- Who would buy this product?
- How much would a customer pay for an extra service?
For the authors, you must question yourself in another way. For this, they suggest the following questions:
- Under what circumstances would this product solve someone's problem?
- How much is it worth solving this problem with an extra service?
Changing the focus on the question is capable of bringing transformations and great results to your company. The authors also warn that the price is not attributed to the product, but to the customer's perception derived from the situation, that is, the circumstance of purchasing the product.
To be clearer: How much would you pay for a bottle of water in a supermarket? How much would you pay in the same bottle in the middle of a desert?
Therefore, think about your customer's pain, how will you solve it and what the perception of value your consumer has for the solution you propose.
Overview: The practical application of change
We need to keep talking about customers.
Have you noticed until now that the behavior of society has changed, the need for agility has greatly enhanced the use of mobile devices?
This transformation has also changed the way customers view advertising. Invasive advertising is not well regarded. Nobody wants to be disturbed in their routine.
To prove this point of view, Meir and Domeneghetti bring a statement by Seth Godin:
"Frequency builds trust and permission favors frequency."
Be very careful with your user's privacy.
In addition, focus on the experience of use, shopping and the enchantment of the customer. But know that it is not enough to delight the customer only on the website. You need to do it in the app, on the phone or in the physical store.
For the authors, customers are already multichannel and expect the same type of treatment at all points of contact with the brand.
Digital ubiquity and convergence generate some very important insights, we brought some more relevant:
- Customers want freedom: They want to select what they prefer, when they want it and no longer follow a grid imposed by a television channel;
- Customers want more convenience: They prefer to choose the value delivery format;
- Customers want personalized offers: The maxim of "One Size Fits All", which translating into concept means "The same size / product for everyone" is being exchanged for personalization and customization to offers for each specific niche. Thus, the clustering of customers is born;
- Customers value relationships: Therefore, it is necessary to focus on transparency, respect, openness and focus on various points of contact;
- Customers are worrying about dialogue in real time: Yes, this is becoming an obligation in companies. Stay tuned to that.
Life Cycle Attention
Roberto Meir and Daniel Domeneghetti present the Customer Life Cycle in 6 steps:
In their view, if a company does not focus on customers, it is necessary to rewrite the processes and flows and compare them to the Customer Life Cycle.
Understand the importance of setting goals focused on customers, since they are the main actors of the company.
Overview: Filtering stakeholders
For Meir and Domeneghetti, you need to map and qualify all your company's stakeholders. They can be classified into:
- Transaction stakeholder: These are those with whom the company exchanges resources and assets on a continuous and recurring basis. Examples: customers, employees and shareholders;
- Relationship stakeholder: These establish ongoing relationships of interest and mutual satisfaction. Examples: NGOs and the Public Ministry;
- Information Stakeholder: In this case, the company exchanges information in a focused and timely manner. Example: Society.
After this ranking, you must qualify them. For this activity, the authors bring the PIIL methodology, from DOM Strategy Partners. On it, you must evaluate the following items:
- Power: Measure and evaluate the power that the stakeholder has over the company;
- Interest: Assess the stakeholder interest in the company;
- Influence: Assess the influence that the stakeholder has on the company;
- Legitimacy: Assess the power that the stakeholder has over the topic and actions that express some positioning.
Then, you must classify the relationship themes between company and stakeholders, they can be:
- Priorities: It has equal relevance, both for stakeholder and company;
- Critics: It is very relevant for the stakeholder and not so much for the company;
- Relevant: It is an important issue for the company, but not so much for the stakeholder.
This mapping aims to structure processes that focus on the customer, with the objective of improving the experience, the delivery of value and the results of your company.
What do other authors say about it?
In the book by Brazilian businessman Flávio Augusto, "Value Generation", he shows how, instead of just working for capital, it is also important to generate value for customers.
In "Innovate or Die", by Luiz Guimarães, is introduced a proposal that seeks to modernize and innovate companies to adapt them to the digital age, focusing mainly on customers. The work brings reflections that help to better understand the changes and their causes.
The author of "Digital Business", Alan Pakes, says that sales are the pillars that support any business. Therefore, you must also focus on winning over your customer and show that you have the right solution for them, guiding them towards selling your product.
Okay, but how can I apply this to my life?
- Understand that a company only survives if customers authorize it. So, spend energy to charm them;
- The customer is more important than the shareholder, but always try to reach a relationship agreement, after all, the company needs both;
- Understand the transformation of society and how to benefit from the work of marketing and the structuring of a brand positioning;
- Think about how to solve your customer's pain and the circumstance of buying your product;
- Draw the Customer Life Cycle and analyze it;
- Focus on freedom, convenience, personalization of offers, relationship and demand in real time. Be suitable for what customers need;
- Evaluate Stakeholders.
Did you like this summary of the book "Feitas para o Cliente"?
Are you ready to change your company's strategy about customer? We hope that these learnings will be useful for you in the future! Leave your feedback about this summary in the comments, so we can always offer the best content!
In addition, if you are interested in the full edition of the book, it is available for purchase by clicking in the image below: